Committed To Safety
Knelsen Sand & Gravel Ltd. has a comprehensive and current Health & Safety program in place. Our program is regularly updated to ensure that it meets the ever changing demands of Occupational Health & Safety legislation as well as reflecting industry best practices.
Knelsen maintains an active role in our industry associations, Alberta Sand & Gravel Association and Concrete Alberta at the board level and on the HSSE committees. This allows our company to be an industry leader when it comes to developing new best practices and working with various levels of government to enact new safety regulations.
Our company strives to ensure that all employees are competent and qualified for the position they are hired for. As our company has grown we have developed internal online and in person training resources to ensure that all training courses are delivered in a consistent manner to all employees.
Each new employee goes through a complete orientation program that has the following courses available to them, position dependent;
- GHS training
- Fatigue Management
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Conveyor Safety / Awareness
- Confined Space
- Behavior Based Safety
- Cranes / Hoists & Lifting Devices
- Daily Vehicle Trip Inspection
- Hours of Service
- Defensive Driving
- Electrical Safety Awareness
- Ground Disturbance
- Incident Investigation
- Lock Out, Tag Out
- H2S Awareness
- Ladder Safety
- Manual Material Handling Safety
- Manager & Supervisor Due Diligence
- Additional training such as fall protection, aerial work platform, and telehandler are provided by accredited agencies
- Daily & Weekly safety meetings are held at all of our worksites across our company
- Individual site hazard assessments are performed before each project or job begins
- Workplace inspections also occur at all of our worksites at various intervals specific to each project and the dynamics involved at each location
- In addition to workplace inspections each jobsite has an emergency response plan which is updated or reviewed on a weekly basis
Supervision in the field is performed by competent workers who can provide real time advice and instruction in the efficient use and safe operation of all our PME.
Knelsen Sand & Gravel Ltd. holds a valid Certificate of Recognition from the Province of Alberta.
Our entire safety manual is available should any further information be required on our procedures.